Monday, February 14, 2011

Our Story Part 1

Technorati Tags:

Well, it’s interesting to begin writing this story while sitting next to my almost two year old on the couch watching cartoons on a Saturday morning while Maggie (our dog) goes postal on the neighbors for daring to leave their house and drive away in their car.

12-9-07 080

So… In ‘97 I moved to Maryland and began attending Maryland Bible College and Seminary.  I also almost immediately got a job at a credit card company as a bill collector.  Mostly at work I just worked (go figure) and did very little socializing.  Most (all) of my socializing was with my church and fellow Bible College students and within a year with my brother who also moved to Maryland.  I always seemed to excel at work (thank God) and was hired to be a corporate trainer within two years of being hired.  Our company in Maryland consisted of a campus with three buildings (I traveled to other states frequently).  Sometime in late summer ‘99 I was in building three giving collection law tests or something like that to the recovery department.  This day was the first day I saw Dave.  And it was a sight to behold (in a good way).  He walked into the building from the back door with a group of people (it might have been his first day). 

084

He was wearing a suit and quite possibly was the best looking human being I had ever seen.  Don’t let that draw you in because I am not a person motivated by looks.  I was on the straight and narrow and loved my life.  I had no room for work boyfriends.  God had other plans for me – like finishing Bible College, taking missions trips and getting to know Him.  I very distinctly remember making a joke with Sarah Hallett about Dave.  She was joking about some nice looking waiter who was flirting with her at work and we were like, “come on, dudes, if we are going to mess up our lives it’s certainly not going to be over someone in lower management.”  It was a total joke.  Ha-ha.  So needless to say, I didn’t speak to Dave that day and I don’t even remember the first time I did speak to him.  Life just went on….

Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: