Sunday, January 16, 2011

Relentless Bedtime Struggle

So we are having some bedtime issues.  What’s new?  I know this probably isn’t true, but I feel like Henry is one of the strongest willed one year olds around.  It’s not so much that he is defiant or that he has a bad attitude.  He just has some serious stamina.  Tonight we put him to bed around 8:00 because he was tired and generally that is his bed time.  Granted with these last few weeks of sickness issues, the bed time has become blurred.  He has spent most nights tossing and turning.  We are trying to return to some level of normal, although things will get a lot less normal in the next few weeks if you know what I mean.  We put him to bed at 8:00 and several times had to tell him to be quiet and go to sleep.  He was just having a good ol’ time in his bed.  He started crying around 10:30 and we finally caved after a while.  Dave found him in a completely stripped bed with all of his bedding tossed on the floor (no wonder he couldn’t fall asleep – his fun and games left him very uncomfortable).  He came into our bed while we were watching a n@tflix and seemed to fall right asleep.  Didn’t last.  He loves to cuddle with me.  So he snuggles up and starts falling asleep.  Maybe my wide-awakeness starts rubbing off on him.  He just wants to start interacting with me.  He wants to put his fingers in my mouth or start listing off all the words he knows.  It is so difficult not to fall for his bait.  So, as ashamed as I am to say it, I have a one year old who is just now going to sleep. 

No comments: