Monday, January 24, 2011

My Dear Friend

This month marks a year since I became friends with Jessica.  She is truly a gift from God and I woke up thanking God for her life and friendship.  There are many ironies and coincidences in our friendship which really aren’t those at all.  Just the mighty hand of God knitting two hearts together who have the same heart after Him.  Words cannot express what God has done in both of our lives over the 12 months we have known each other.  He seems to speak the same things to each of us at the same times and I think we live around 1,000 miles apart right now.  One reason I am sad to leave Maine is my dear friend is moving back.  God has a plan!  Maybe you can pray she, her husband and three beautiful daughters move to Maryland?  Ha- ha.

Do you know that Jessica’s family literally lived in the next house when I was a teenager and I never met her?  She was in college but her two younger sisters were friends with Vinny.  Jessica was friends with Vinny and he gave her a coffee maker when she went off to college and she still has it!!  Life is strange.   When she first walked into my house about a year ago, she told me I looked like Vinny and told me how much she loved him.  Then I started bawling.  Great way to meet someone?

2 comments:

myriahmae said...

I love Jessica too!! We will just have to go up to Maine and visit her this summer to escape the heat down here in the south. LOL! Or she could come visit us?!?!?!

Rachael said...

good plan Stan!