Sunday, December 27, 2009

Vinny’s Laugh

I had to gather myself today before I could really write anything about Vinny.  It was a much tougher day than expected. 

Well, for the past few days I’ve been remembering what Vinny looks like when he laughs.  I think I miss that the most.  He loved to laugh.  When he was laughing extremely hard, it seemed like he was always drinking something like soda and you go the feeling it was about to come out.  When he was standing, one arm would grab the edge of something like a counter.  He would sort of hold himself up bent towards the whatever surface he was holding himself up with.  It seemed like he would kind of stiffen his arms and legs when he laughed really hard.  His whole body would stiffen like he was having trouble breathing.  It was so easy to make him laugh.  Molly was really good at it.  She always tells the story of when she was bringing him to our stepfather Larry’s birthday party.  She made him laugh so hard he threw up all over the nicely wrapped gift she had for Larry in Vinny’s lap. 

Vinny and I loved to recall awkward situations and laugh our butts off.  There were so many.  We seemed to be magnets for any type of weirdness or weird people.  I think, no, I know we get that from our mother.  I could recall so many, but most would only make us laugh.  We did love telling family stories to anyone who would listen and laugh so hard at ourselves that we didn’t care if anyone else thought it was funny.

Vinny could call from anywhere in the world and in only minutes you could make him laugh.  I can’t wait to hear it again.  Love you Vinny.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Rachael, it's Kat. Was thinking of Vinny today so I thought I'd go onto your website because I knew you would be writing something to honor his birthday today. Just wanted you to know that you are always in my thoughts. Henry is beautiful too! Would love to meet him in person. Thanks for sharing those thoughts of Vinny today. Love you.