Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cheese

I have to admit I wasn’t much of a cheese fan until recent years.  There are still cheeses I loathe like ricotta and I’m not very fond of cottage cheese either.  It’s probably better that I prefer French cooking over Italian (Giada is great though).  I was just downstairs eating cheese and crackers waiting for Dave to finish his phone interview (poor guy – interview on your birthday!).   Thinking about cheese I decided to do a blog on it. 

Cheddar – Probably one of my least favorites – I don’t really like it plain, on sandwiches, pizza, eggs or burgers.  I do like it in garden salads and on crackers.

American – I know it’s a stretch to call it a cheese.  I like it on grill cheese sandwiches, french toast, burgers and pizza (just joking about the pizza).  I used to like it on eggs but not so much anymore.

Gouda – crackers, salads

Swiss – sandwiches,eggs, burgers

Monterey Jack – Mexican, Pizza, salads – I really like its mild flavor

Havarti – this cheese varies so much from brand to brand – eggs, crackers, burgers

Brie – baked in things

Mascarpone – great in tiramisu and cheese cake

Mozzarella – Pizza – It’s okay

Parmesan – When I do make Italian dishes.  Caesar Salad.  I am not a fan of mixing tomato sauce and cheese.

Goat – I love goat cheese – salads, stuffing things, sweet things… yummy

I know there are other types, but this is basically my realm. 

No comments: