Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Amazing Woman

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about Mary’s life (the mother of God aka Jesus Christ) as I said in a previous post.  When I hold my tender infant and my love for him grows everyday, I wonder what she was thinking at different points of Jesus’ life.  How did she feel?  What did she say?  What did she do? 

The other night I went to a business women’s networking event in our area and the theme was Amazing Women.  I am sure everyone has amazing women in their life or knows some.  I am fortunate to have many in my own family.  I could list so many from my mother to my aunts to my cousins to my sisters to my nieces to my friends  and of course grandmothers.

There is one I would like to mention.  But first her husband.  I think the closest relationship I have ever had to having children was having a little brother.  I have written much about my older brother – we were close in age and we have a very deep bond different from any other relationship.  I love my nieces and nephews and cherish the time I have with those who are close.  There is still something about having a little brother.  My little brother I grew up with Zac has grown to be an amazing man.  We all know behind every amazing man there is a more amazing woman.  That’s my sister in-law Stephanie.  If adversity is her middle name because she has faced so much, and it is, over comer is her character.  She has lost the one constant factor from her youth, her little brother and only sibling, she lost her long lost father and her husband’s only brother.  This woman knows what it is to lose, yet she gains more beauty, more grace and more gratefulness with each day.  Some grow bitter from slight injustices, she melts the hearts of others with her courage to face the future, serve her family all with love and tenderness I have seen from no other.  She is an amazing woman.

Halloween 024

1 comment:

Steph Aiken said...

Im always amazed by how deeply you see those around you, & how much love you put into your relationships on a daily basis. I have learned so much about what it means to love & to be loved, since I met Zac & joined this incredible family. Seeing how so many truly good people were willing to look past the image I once had to the person I am discovering more of everyday- me, means so much to me. Life will always have its share of loss & strife, this is not the tragedy, its the attitude we decide to face our trials with that can do the most damage. there are always blessings around us, you just have to be willing to see them. Face loss with Love & you can never truly lose.If you let each tear you shed help clean your soul, they will never be a burden. Death is not loss, but a brief seperation. Loving someone is never a mistake, our hearts learn from each type of love we encounter.life is 20% experience & 80% attitude, so we make it as good or bad as we want.