Sunday, September 7, 2008

Two Months


I'm not on a blog roll but there are always things I think to write and never do. I couldn't let this day pass without writing something about the best big brother in the world who went home to be with the Lord two months ago today. There isn't an hour that passes or probably even 10 minutes whether sleeping or awake that he isn't on my mind. There probably wasn't an hour that passed before his death that he wasn't on my mind. He is the only person that I have had the type of connection that we had. I am not a parent but I can imagine that this is probably how they feel about their child. Love tends to be conditional between every human being because we are imperfect. It's easy to have conditional love in a marriage because we tend to have such high expectations on each other that we can get disappointed. My relationship with my brother wasn't perfect but I don't think there is anything that could have ever been told to me or done that would keep me from knowing he is one of the greatest people who ever walked this earth. He had weaknesses and faults but never have I met a more gifted man. He is one of the most brilliant, creative, deep feeling, compassionate, loving, strong, tender hearted, God-fearing people I have ever known. And he is my brother. I love him.

No comments: