Monday, September 1, 2008

A Heartbeat Away



I like the Democrats slam on Palin - "A heartbeat away from being our next president". It's not a slam at all to me. I like her best out of everyone. I love her authenticity and almost everything about her. I think that the average American can relate to her.

We are all a heartbeat away from so many things. Most of the time I live a heartbeat away from crying. Little things remind me of my brother. As time moves on it becomes more of a paradox. It seems as though the peace is growing deeper but the realty of the finality is as well. That's why I live a heartbeat away from crying and also very aware that all of us live a heartbeat away from meeting God face to face. The book Grieving the Loss of a Loved One has been very helpful in processing my emotions.

It's also a reminder that many unborn babies are a heartbeat away from death - very sad to me - thankfully they go to heaven. And, hopefully, a reminder that many abandoned children are longing to be a heartbeat away from finding a forever family.

No comments: