Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tuna Casserol-A


I had a very traumatizing run in with a person about 24 - 36 hours ago. My grandmother felt so badly that I was so upset she made me some tuna casserole or tuna casserol-A as my mother calls it. It was such a nice treat in so many ways. First, I love tuna casserole, second, it brings back funny memories of Vinny. My mom used to say, "Guess what we're having for dinner tonight kids?" "What?" "Tuna Cassa-rol-a!" Vinny would get so ticked. He hated tuna casserole. He hated me for saying I liked it. He thought I lied about it just so he would have to eat it. Back then we hated a lot of things about each other (ages 11 & 12 and more). He also hated that I said I didn't like cold cereal when I was a kid. We grew out of hating each other and I don't think we have been even slightly angry at each other for years. One thing that still irritated Vinny about me was that I would never admit that I didn't truly like tuna casserole and I did like cold cereal.

No comments: