Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Last Hoorah

This is the last big weekend of the year for the midcoast area, for tourism and for our business. It's been very busy so far and now I am wondering why I let the only employee we have who could work this weekend have the weekend off. Maybe self torture is something I subconsciously like. I am very thankful for all of the business, though.

I will begin my cleaning marathon in a few minutes as well. I found out last night we are doing a second showing on our house at 1 pm today. It's not the most convenient time but considering the current housing market crisis - beggars can't be choosers. So I will clean my butt off and then work my butt off - but I keep reminding myself that I will miss weeks like these when January hits.

Thursday afternoon it started raining laundry and didn't stop yesterday either. I was so tired by 3 pm I had to leave. We are talking hours of physical labor with the only break being rushing to the bathroom as fast as you can if you get a chance. I did treat myself last night by going out to eat at Suzuki's (my favorite restaurant in Rockland) with my aunt. We were celebrating the purchase of her new property - a new business venture for her. After we ate we drove out to Union to check it out. Very, very nice.

No comments: