Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Molly's Dream Pad

When Molly was 20 or 21 she rented a top floor apartment from one of my Aunt Lynne's apartment buildings. She was the epitome of cool. She let my cousins Josh and Joe draw murals all over her livingroom walls. We had great times there. We played truth or dare and we learned how to make some really good prank phone calls. Her apartment was in Rockland just down the street from Dunkin Donuts. It was probably a dive but when you're ten, it's amazing. Joe, Josh, Vinny, Zac and I would all spend the night. I'm sure Molly made us really good food or we would order it. She would have us do crazy things like sell Avon to the neighbors at 9 pm at night. One night we all made prank calls. Molly called this woman and said she would give her a million dollars if she could tell her what color her green car was and the woman couldn't. All of us fell on the floor laughing. Then Molly had me call this man she knew. All of us kids thought he was a devil worshiper so we were scared of him. I called him and asked him to meet me at Dunkin Donuts (we weren't really going to do this). I said I was some random woman but he kept asking me if I were Molly so I got scared and hung up. My cousin Josh called back and pretended to be the same person. The night went on like this with different phone calls until the police finally called. We were petrified. Molly claimed she was in bed and had NO idea this was going on and she wouldn't definitely deal with these naughty children. Even to this day she claims she was in bed when the police called but Vinny and I know better.

One day when Vinny was 8, I was 7 and Zac was 3, Molly said she was taking us to the beach. Totally fun. Well... we stopped by her friend's house. Her friend's house was very, very small and to say it was messy was an understatement (she lived with her parents and many siblings). We all went inside anticipating we would be leaving for the beach soon. The whole place was the size of one large room and we were all there together. We asked her when we were leaving for the beach. Molly casually said we have to clean her friend's house before we left. Vinny loudly said," OH MY GOD! THIS PLACE IS HOLE! WE ARE NEVER GOING TO THE BEACH; WE ARE GOING TO BE HERE FOR DAYS!" You can imagine Molly's embarrassment in front of her friend's parents. Vinny was famous for saying things like this.

No comments: