Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dreams



Dreams can be comforting or disturbing. For some reason Vinny has always been the person who appears most in my dreams. It's probably because I worried about him most before God took him home. Now each night when I finally slip into sleep I am welcomed by time with Vinny. In all of my dreams that I have almost every night, I know (even in my dream) he is no longer alive. I even wonder how he can physically be with me and go places in his human body if he isn't alive. Last night in my dream we were in the church parking lot of the church we used to attend in Baltimore. I was coming out of the church and a woman came running up to me saying I see your brother sitting in your car, I thought he passed away. I just told her he did pass away and he is sitting in my car. In most of my dreams Vinny isn't feeling well and is very physically weak.

It's actually very comforting to spend time with him in my dreams and tell him how much I love him. I know he is in a better place, but until I get to that better place, it's great to see him face to face even if it's only a dream.

No comments: