Friday, October 17, 2008

Palin Power & a Day's Ups and Downs


Line to get into the Palin rally - a lot of people had already gotten in

Grandfather getting excited about the entrance of Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin and Olympia Snowe arriving by plane to the event along with other people

Olympia Snowe introducing Sarah Palin

You might be able to see Sarah's head. She came down to greet the crowd and sign autographs

I must admit that I wimped out and missed the last debate. I was so tired and I knew I had to get up really early the next morning. My grandfather picked my up at quarter of 7 to head to Bangor. We made good time but sat in traffic for a LONG time in the last two miles to the event. We got a very good parking spot but it was still a mile away. My grandfather has had two hip replacements so he borrowed a wheelchair and I pushed him to the never ending line of people to get in. I think that line was also over a mile. We waited, walked, waited, pushed and waited some more. I thought we weren't going to make it in but we found a way last minute. To say the place was packed was an understatement. Wall to wall people. We got to see Sarah's plane pull up and her walk in. Lee Greenwood sang "God Bless the USA". That made me bawl because I know how much Vinny loved that song and would have loved to be there. The event was fantastic and we had a blast. Grampa bought me lunch on the way home.

I got a phone call when I got home that someone from Southern Maine wants to see our house on Saturday. Yes!

By the time I made it to work to face mounds of laundry, I had used up all my energy. But I managed to push on. Then the day went down hill - a story left untold but a reminder that we never know what the next moment will bring.

No comments: