Monday, November 14, 2011

Saturday Outreach with Henry

Henry was enjoying the dogs we met on outreach on Saturday.

Peter Merry goes to our outreach in Dundalk.  Not for much longer.  He’s moving to Ukraine in January to be with his future bride.  He will make Ukraine his home and I am jealous.  But D.L. Moody’s The Overcoming Life is a perfect recipe for my jealous.  I just started reading it and it’s very good.  Seriously happy for Peter but this book is very convicting.  Also the messages from church yesterday were great for spirit and soul and call and conviction refreshing.  Listen here and here.  They were so good.

I am in the last days of my Beth Moore’s David Bible study.  I will miss the homework.  It has added so much to my daily life.  These sentences caught my eye this morning:

Forgiveness may be excruciating for a moment.  Anger and bitterness are excruciating for a lifetime.

When we harbor bitterness and refuse to forgive, we become our own persecutors.

No comments: