Thursday, November 17, 2011

Big News–We Are Expecting!

DSC_2698-1.jpg

I am 9 weeks pregnant due sometime around June 21!  We are very excited.  I had my first ultrasound a little over a week ago and my first doctor’s appointment on Tuesday.  So far everything seems to be going great.  Praise God!  I have to say that I have been more tired than usual and have been having some dizzy feeling faint spells quite often.  The doctor confirmed it was very normal.

My last pregnancy I was grieving the sudden death of my brother, so I don’t really remember feeling anything but severe emotional and some physical side effects of grief like shortness of breath. 

I have been missing my late brother a lot in this pregnancy.  Maybe because the hormones bring back the memories.

This pregnancy is not a surprise.  We are very thrilled.  We will find out if he/she is a boy or girl.  And, no, we don’t have any names picked out.

I keep telling Henry there is a baby in my belly but I think right now the concept is so foreign to him he just ignores me.  He’s been quite a ticket lately.  Tonight he was going back and forth between pretending he was a dog and cat.  He ate the food from his bowl like he was an animal with his face.  Last night when I told him we were going into his room to get ready for bed he said, “Bye, Momma, go jogging?” Like, don’t you have something you would rather do than put me to bed.  When he’s trying to buy time, depending on how desperate he is, he’ll ask to go poop, eat, say that he has pooped or take a nap.  He knows how to pull out all the stops.  He’s also really into saying “no thank you”.    Since he threw up from eating sheep’s cheese, he’s asked to eat cheese every day.  When I tell him it makes him sick, he laughs or smiles.  Like him asking me is a joke.  Then he’ll say, “Henry threw up.”  I made the mistake of saying stop being a weirdo when he was lapping me one day and now he thinks it’s hysterical.  He’ll say, “Henry’s a weirdo,” and start lapping me.   When he does something to hurt me or when I get a little worked up about something he’ll pat me on the back and say, “I know, momma, I know.”  So cute.  He went into the chicken pen by himself with lots and lots of chickens and he sat on the horse for a long time the other day.  These are major milestones for the little guy.  He has a love hate relationship with animals.  He loves them from a distance but is intimidated by them close up unless he’s had a lot of experience with them like dogs.  So far he’s conquered his fear of pigs, chickens, calves and horses.  He’s been asking to ride the donkeys for months but so far we can’t get close enough to even pet them.  He loves to stand on his daddy’s chest when his daddy is lying down and jump off him onto the bed.  He calls himself a farmer lately and most days won’t leave the house without wearing one of Dave’s hats.

About a 9 week old baby in the womb from babycenter.com:

Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.

No comments: