Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

DSC_0292-1.jpg

From the five of us – David, Rachael, Henry, baby and Maggie the dog!  Dave’s cleaning out the basement while I cook.  He found Henry’s life jacket and now Henry says he’s ready to go on the boat!

I am SO thankful for my little family, my extended family and all the people God has brought into my life over the years.  I am thankful for all the men and women who are away from their loved ones to protect our nation and the families that have sacrificed right along with them.  I am thankful for the freedom we have in this country and everyone who has paid a price for it.  I am also thankful for all the men and women who bring the message of the Gospel to lost people.  Men and women who share with their neighbors and men and women who move away from their families.  My prayer is God will comfort any loneliness they are feeling today and God would pour an abundant blessing on their lives even more than I KNOW HE has already done.  What a faithful and loving God we serve.  I thank God for all the couples who have adopted children from all over the world who maybe last year didn’t have anyone to call mom or dad and no dinner table to sit around.  Praise God for their call and sacrifice.  I hope to be named with them one day.  I pray all the little ones who are longing for a mommy and daddy would be comforted with God’s love today.  And the rest of us who have and do have imperfect lives would be so thankful for the imperfect parents God has given us because they are a gift. 

I most of all am thankful for my Heavenly Father.  Yes mine.  He has picked me up out of the miry clay and called me His daughter.  He sent His only Son to pay for my sins.  I accepted that free gift of salvation and am so thankful I will spend eternity in heaven with Him and all those who have already gone before me like my precious brother.  What a blessed life we live.  Praise You, Jesus.