Friday, November 11, 2011

French Toast Friday

Happy Veteran’s Day to all you men and women and families who have sacrificed for our freedom.

Dave is home today.  Not sure if he took the day off or got the day off because of Veteran’s Day.  Either way it was nice to all be home for a lazy morning.  It only happens once in a while since we go to outreach on Saturdays and Sundays we have church.

When Dave got up after sleeping in we spontaneously made breakfast together.  Dave made bacon and eggs for himself and I made french toast for everyone. 

Dairy free & Gluten free French Toast:

Henry’s:

Gluten free Udi’s white bread, rice milk, stevia, cinnamon, vanilla extract & almond extract

I add eggs with ours.

It was nice and we are grateful to have breakfast together with no pressure to go anywhere.

 

 

I am really looking forward to making some gluten free Thanksgiving recipes.  So far these are on my list:

Pinned Image

Gluten Free Sage Dressing click here.

Made with this gluten free bread:

Pinned Image

 

http://www.ener-g.com/light-tapioca-loaf.html

Pinned Image

And covered with this gluten free gravy!!  Click here.

 

Pinned Image

I don’t think I’ll be making these for Thanksgiving but fall really makes me want some good ol’ fashioned Maine Baked Beans.  Check out the recipe here.

After breakfast I went to the farm to work on a table set that has been quite challenging to me because of the material it’s made out of.  I want it to be really nice because it’s my first piece someone has asked me to refinish for them personally.

Daddy and Henry went to Walmart to ride the escalator which is something Henry asks to do all the time and then they went to the park.

Henry has been pretending to be a frog and kangaroo the last couple of days.

He keeps getting really serious and quiet and reminds us of the crying deer.  It’s all my fault.  We were on the way home from my cousin’s house in PA and I saw a dead deer on the side of the road.  I knew Henry wouldn’t understand the deer got killed by a car so I told him I saw a deer crying because it got a big boo-boo (sp?) from a car and that the road is very dangerous.  When we got home that night (a few minutes later) he was hiding his face when we got out of the car and when we got into the house he asked me to lock the door.   Oops.  Maybe a little too much.

Sometimes Henry asks me to pray.

******************************************************************************************

Yesterday I went to a mom’s Bible study at my church and Henry played with the kids.  A missionary mom who now lives in Baltimore shared about raising “others” focused children.  I really liked what she had to say. 

One illustration she gave was why we have our kids brush their teeth.  One mom said so they don’t get cavities.  Mrs. Post said that was true but also self focused.  We brush our teeth so our breath doesn’t stink for others.  Make everything about others.

I think it’s very easy to become a child-centered home and Dave and I definitely want our home to be God-centered.  That’s why getting the Word of God on a daily basis and not being governed by emotions can be such a challenge but so vital.  We want to make the decision we are going to church and ministering to others before the time comes so we don’t back out based on our emotions.  Not. always. easy.  But we are always blessed when we walk by faith not by tiredness, not by grumpiness.  Even if we are tired and grumpy on the way Smile.

*******************************************************************************************

We have other big news but I am too tired and grumpy to share it Winking smile.

*******************************************************************************************

I am so excited for Dave’s sister Kelly, her husband and their son Colby who are setting out on a new adventure tonight.  They are moving to Atlanta from Detroit.  They have been living in the Midwest for over a decade and now are headed for the South!  They settle on their new magnificent house on Monday and, Praise God, were able to sell their old house just before they left!

Congratulations, Kelly, Tom and Colby!!

*******************************************************************************************

The last time we were in Maryland for Thanksgiving was three years ago and I was pregnant with Henry.  This year we will be in Maryland again and we might be spending it with Dave’s dad and Linda for the first time ever for me after 9 years of marriage and then with my aunt and uncle and some friends later in the evening.  Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays.  And I sure have a lot to be thankful for.

One thing off the top of my head is my husband is cleaning the basement right now!!!  Wow.  What a relief he’s not asking me to help.

********************************************************************************************

When I get hurt, Henry pats me and says, “I know, momma, I know.”  So stinkin’ cute.

*******************************************************************************************

I have been very disturbed by the Penn State abuse scandal.  I am constantly praying for the victims and their families for God’s redemption in their lives if they haven’t received it.

*******************************************************************************************

Please continue to pray for baby Olivia in our church.  After undergoing lots of treatment including chemo she still has cancer.  We are praying for a miracle, strength for her parents and wisdom for the next step of treatment from her doctors.

No comments: