Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Ways

Isaiah 55:8-9 (King James Version)

8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.


This morning I woke up thinking much about prayer - actually prayer has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm reading a biography about D.L. Moody. So far his story has really convicted me to share the love of God with more people. When I was reading Hudson Taylor's book I felt the same way but even more so compelled to pray more in my life. Not just pray more but wait on God to see Him come through. If Hudson Taylor started praying about something, he would completely let go - I mean completely. He wouldn't mention it to other people (there's nothing wrong with having others pray for you), he kept on ministering even if his need was so great it hurt. He did it this way because he didn't want his own provision for the situation or any other man's ~ he wanted God's. This is building trust in God - something I am lacking in. It's so easy in our make-it-happen culture to make things happen. I have a tendency to have a burden or vision and try to carry the full weight - praying to God, almost becoming fixated on it but never really letting God take full control. So now I'm relying on God to work in me to help me trust Him more and let go. I truly want the perfect will of God in my life and not the permissive will. Read Hudson Taylor's book and you will get the level of letting go I'm talking about.

No comments: