Saturday, December 13, 2008

Dr. Appointment Traditions

We had our December dr.'s appointment this past week. I told Dave he really didn't have to go because I feel bad he's the only guy there. Apparently, he really, really wants to go. I think he really likes hanging out with all the pregnant women... strange for a man. He also loves our tradition of stopping at Moody's Diner on the way home to eat dinner. They do have really good diner food! Baby Umstead is doing really well. In my current hermit-like state, it did cross my mind to skip the appointment (justified by everyone in the class has missed one) but I couldn't pass up hearing his heart beat and the peace of mind that brings. It is a long drive in the dark and rain, but the class was on breastfeeding and it was very informative. About half of the class has had other children and their previous experience brings a wealth of knowledge ~ not to mention the midwives have had a least two children each and delivered several. It was tough getting there, but I always have a great time once we get there. My blood pressure, weight and measurements were great. Everyone in the class is pushing for an early class on water birth because we are all dying to hear about it.

Three more months to go!

No comments: