Monday, July 21, 2008

Today Has Been an Interesting Day

I am sitting here shoveling Thai food in my face because I haven't eaten all day. It was sooo busy at the Cleaners today - barely enough time to use the bathroom once.
That is mostly a good thing but in a small way not so fun. I have always tried to have compassion on people because you have no idea what they have gone through recently. I thought the most recent situation would give me more compassion and patience for people. I guess that will come with time because I have none. I say out loud, " do you need help?" but in my head, "please, please leave me alone and don't have any problems because I can't take it." It was one of those days.

Other things that happened today -

One of Vinny's best friends from Maryland and his wife stopped by the cleaners. I have known them as long as Vinny, but he was much closer to them. Clark, the husband, was up here for Vinny's funeral. They came up to Southern Maine for vacation this weekend and took a day trip to Camden today. It was very nice to see them and meet their kids. It's bittersweet because things like this bring people closer but then I want to cry because I miss Vinny.

Andrien, a worker we had from Moldova last year, called me today. It was so nice to hear his voice. I loved him so much and really wanted him to come back this year. I think he really regrets his choice now. He's in Iowa working at a factory and he hates it. He misses us so much and says Camden is much better. I told him I missed him and he could always come back and finish out the summer. Wishful thinking - doubt it's going to happen. It was so great to connect with him though.

I talked to my realtor this morning - who happens to be the best realtor by the way. Her name is Heather Shields. We started talking about business and she was like are you sure you want to deal with this now? I told her I had so many things in my head that dealing with this would give me so relieve. We were talking about lowering the price of my house. I told her I know if God wants it to sell it could sell in a second, but I would do my part. She just called me and said someone wants to show it tomorrow evening. Wow! Great. Only problem is - my vacuum cleaner just blew up last night. Well - I'm borrowing hers - that's how great she is.

I really should go to group power class, my weight lifting class, but the last time I went when I got home is when I heard about Vinny. I have no desire to go. Hopefully sooner than later I will force myself.

My dog is begging me to take her on walk, so it's off I go. It's always nice to have the cutest dog in the world around when you are not feeling so great.

No comments: