Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Healing a Broken Heart Takes Time






I had such a great day. I had a great conversation with my grandmother this morning. It's so nice to talk to her because I know she loves me so much and can identify with the pain I am going through. We talked for a short time but we can get so deep so fast. Then my realtor and friend took me out to breakfast. We talked about Vinny of course.

Jenny and I got to Boothbay Harbor around 12:30 and bought our whale watching tickets. We got in line around 12:55 and waited and waited. When we FINALLY boarded, we realized we were in the wrong line and had to RUN to pier one. We made it, thank God, because that was really, really numb on our part. We instantly had so much fun. The boat ride out of the harbor was incredible. All the kept going through my head, other than Vinny, was "oh Lord, oh Lord, how majestic is your name in all of the earth". We kept praying and praying we would see a whale. About an hour into the ride two huge finback whales appeared. It was sooooooo cool. I just love whales. It was the only thing I could think of doing that would get my mind some what off things for a while. I don't know if we kept seeing the same two whales but we saw lots of finbacks. They would just keep reappearing on different sides of the boat. It was absolutely breath taking and beautiful. We also saw a minke whale, lots of seals and dolphins. Jenny and I had a total blast like two kids at a carnival. We also had intense conversations during the ride in the car, different times during our four hour whale adventure and at dinner after.

Another really cool thing happened. Some know about me asking God to send me a note from Vinny after he died. And the email I received that said "Vincent is waiting for you". I got it two days after I found out about Vinny. After that I could picture Vinny in heaven. It was directly from God to me. I can't even explain it. That night I got on the computer to find books on heaven. The only one that seemed remotely interesting to me was 90 Minutes in Heaven. I was going to order it but didn't at the time. When Jenny got in the car today she told me she had something she wanted me to read... 90 Minutes in Heaven. Oh my gosh - thank you God.

I just got home. It was nice to have a change of scenery because when I got home the reality of not seeing my brother until heaven hit me again. I know over time God will heal my broken heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Rachael,
I have never visited your blog until today. I read your post about our adventure yesterday. I really hope you had as good of a time as I did!

You didn't mention the people and kids barfing every five seconds. LOL.

I have read through some your blogs here. You are so tender and sweet in your words-you have a gift with writing.

I hope today brings you joy, somehow.

Love you Rach!

PS: the word verification to leave a comment on your blog is "butscaw". I, in my demented sense of humor, find this so funny!

Since when do butts "caw"? Do crows now fart when they talk? LOL!!!

PPS: I know I'm twisted!