Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Here We Go…

I took Henry to a new doctor today.  I called today, got an appointment today and we saw someone today!  Thank God!  Henry’s eczema is getting really bad and he doesn’t get any reprieves.  So, the new doctor, the one on call, will be Henry’s doctor I believe.  He is very confident in treating eczema.  That makes a mother’s heart feel good when the last doctor was of the thought we would just have to wait until he grew out of it.  There’s nothing like seeing your child scratch himself to the point of bleeding and then to have it under his eyes and on his cheeks.  The new doctor thinks it might be asthma related.  Henry has a night cough and had pneumonia this past summer – all indicators of asthma.  And eczema is an indicator.  So, we first have to give him nebulizer treatments.  We already have all of the equipment and prescription since I didn’t really use it very much when he had pneumonia.  I don’t like be drug happy with my child.  Next, and biggest task is a restricted diet for a month.  Yup.  No dairy, no fish, no nuts and no eggs.  The fish and nuts are no big deal.  Eggs are because he’s not a big protein eater and this is how I get protein into him.  Dairy is major because it’s so easy.  I am not a huge advocate of dairy.  It’s just a lazy man’s solution in my case.  Yogurt, cheese, a little butter on noodles, and, Henry’s favorite, ice cream.  And gold fish!! All have to go.  Fortunately he doesn’t like milk.

He’s upstairs hopefully taking a nap.  Such a little bugger.  His cousins Teagan and Christopher should be here any moment.  Should be an eventful afternoon.

No comments: