Monday, June 21, 2010

Updates on Henry

My little precious boy had his 15 month check up today.  It was long for him because both of us had appointments.  He is doing well with motor skills, social skills and growth.  We are trying to work on his severe skin issues.  Our latest path we are going down is food and environmental allergies.  They tried to take his blood at the doctor’s office just before they took mine.  The nurse was afraid because she didn’t see a good vein and didn’t want to poke around.  I agreed, so we went to the lab at the hospital.  Henry was a trooper.  He didn’t even whine or slightly cry when the lady poked him with the needle.  Such a big boy.  So hopefully we will get to the bottom of this.  We are using a high dose of hydrocortisone just to try to tame it.  This makes me sad but I also hate to see my baby suffer.  

I don’t think most people love going to the doctor.  I don’t either.  I did get some good news.  I really am 5’3”.  I thought I was, and that’s what I always tell people.  Then I just feel short so I think maybe I am not.  I am!  Take that Shanie!  I am taller than you!

Some other great news.  A few nights ago Henry slept the whole night in his room!  This is a gift from God and I am not joking.  I actually woke up petrified because I thought something happened to him.  I checked on him at 5:30 am and he was still sleeping.  He didn’t make it the whole night the next night but he has for the past two!   Yea God!!

Some more Henry news.  His favorite word is no now.  Yup.  He says it non stop to EVERYTHING.  Sometimes it’s funny.  Sometimes it’s not.

No comments: