Saturday, June 26, 2010

Savior vs savior

We have been having a blast at GGWO's International Convention and visiting with family around the area. It's seems more difficult each year to fit in quality time with each of Dave's parents and my relatives. Sadly - not a lot of time for old friends unless we see them at the convention at night.

Yesterday was Dan's (my mother's husband) birthday. Happy Birthday Dan!!

Henry is having a blast. I should have been blogging more to record all the fun he has had. He loved his first night at Convention. He loved the nursery and when he came into the Chapel and saw the crowd, he went nuts. He thought everyone was there for a party for him. He just ran and ran with his hands in the air screaming and smiling. It was very adorable. He stayed with Rye and Tim on Thursday night from 5:30 to 1:30 am when Dave and I got back. He had a lovely time.

Today marks the second anniversary of the last time I saw my brother, hug my brother, smelled his smell. They were very special God given moments. As I look back on them, I could think nothing else. We didn't know. But God knew. Thank You God. It's always bittersweet to come to this area in the summer. I was talking to my mother in-law's friend yesterday afternoon about my brother and his death and why I am thankful. God has really taught me these things are for me. I have been the one to feel sad about someone's loss and maybe have encountered a much smaller loss through a more distant death. In those situations I might have said what is God doing in their lives or why did God take that person. Through Vinny's life and death, I have watched people (and have felt this at times) say why did God do this? in a hurt way. I have watched people move on in the same exact way in their lives and they just know this tragedy and trial was for that person. They know why God did it for someone else (I have been that person and maybe will be again). God has shown me that He may use this in someone else's life but this is for me. While Jesus is my Savior, Vinny was used to save part of my life that may have never been redeemed without his death. Vinny the savior led me to my Savior. I thank Vinny in his death he has allowed me to be transformed by my Savior like no other situation, time in my life. It was the greatest gift I have received apart from my salvation (and the love I have for my family). Don't let some hurt, wound, terrible tragedy just be a rhetorical why, just be for someone else, just be for the person taken home. Let it be for you. Let the situation be the method God uses to cut you so deeply, you have no choice but to let Him put back the pieces. Don't let your heart get so hard that even the knife of God cannot penetrate. Let it be for you.

No comments: