Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Good Word

I have some pictures to post – will do soon.  I keep forgetting my camera when I’m on the computer.

Here’s a good word today from Oswald Chamber’s My Utmost for His Highest:

The counterfeit of obedience is a state of mind in which you work up occasions to sacrifice yourself; ardour is mistaken for discernment.  It is easier to sacrifice yourself than to fulfill your spiritual destiny, which is stated in Romans 12:1-2.  It is a great deal better to fulfill the purpose of God in your life by discerning His will than to perform great acts of self-sacrifice.  “To obey is better than sacrifice.”  Beware of harking back to what you were once when God wants you to be something you have never been.  “If any man will do.. he shall know.”

That’s the ending of June 8 devotional.  I have so been there.  May even be there now. 

I wasn’t sure what ardour means – it’s zeal.

No comments: