Friday, October 2, 2009

Wise Words

Some words from the book I’m reading – Lessons I Learned in the Dark Steps to Walking by Faith, Not by Sight by Jennifer Rothschild.

I realized independence is not all it’s cracked up to be.  In our search for it, we often end up in isolation.  The same is true when we act independently from God.  But fortunately, the unintended consequences of our self-reliance can often reveal our need for a helper, someone to rescue us – a Savior. 

If the isolation that accompanies blindness compels me to a deeper connection with God, I am the richer.  All of us need to treasure anything within us that makes us feel just a little detached from the greater arena of human experience, for it may be the one thing that God mercifully gives us to tie us to Himself and fill our need to be known by Him.

…We must depend fully on God for our direction in life.  When we are willing to do what He tells us to do, we can park our pride at the curb, jump in for the ride of a lifetime, and find fabulous freedom.

 

Psalm 119:11

Your word I have treasured in my heart,
         That I may not sin against You.

No comments: