Sunday, October 18, 2009

Psalm 3

A Psalm of David when he fled from Absalom his son.
1 LORD, how they have increased who trouble me!
         Many are they who rise up against me.
2 Many are they who say of me,
         “There is no help for him in God.”  Selah  
3 But You, O LORD, are a shield for me,
         My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
4 I cried to the LORD with my voice,
         And He heard me from His holy hill.  Selah  
5 I lay down and slept;
         I awoke, for the LORD sustained me.
6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people
         Who have set themselves against me all around.
7 Arise, O LORD;
         Save me, O my God!
         For You have struck all my enemies on the cheekbone;
         You have broken the teeth of the ungodly.
8 Salvation belongs to the LORD.
         Your blessing is upon Your people.  Selah 

No comments: