Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lessons Learning

I would call it lessons learned but wouldn’t want to claim I am quite there yet on these learning experiences.

Lesson 1 -

Check the weather – It’s not so much that it was pouring buckets on our whirlwind trip to RI.  It’s more that Hana, Henry and I weren’t packed for it.  Plus it’s really no fun running in torrential downpours with a baby or getting you, your niece or your infant soaking wet.

Lesson 2 -

Look for the blessing and the lesson and let the rest go – even the rain.  The more important thing was to see my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins even if it meant enduring a cranky baby and oceans worth of water above my head and on my windshield.

Lesson 3 -

Six month old babies can have strong wills.  Even stronger than mine.  Now that’s strong.   So, maybe hoping the creating a perfect sleeping environment idea should have been lost after the first three hours of driving  what turned out to be a five hour trip.  Hmmmm.  Hana and I should have started our really silly car games sooner.

Lesson 4 -

Don’t try to do things that were easy for you as a single person in the same amount of time expecting the same results with a baby.  Appreciate your husband.

 

It might not sound like it, but Hana, Henry and I did have a good time.  Well – at least Hana and I did.

Hana Ava

Ava and Hana – Courtesy of Aunt Teresa.  Thanks for the pictures you sent, Aunt Teresa.  Thanks for the great food, entertaining us, and for the family photos you gave me.  I’ll scan them soon.

 

henry th

Henry – Brings so much joy to my life.  When he was screaming the entire ride home, I was thinking his screams in a way are a blessing.  I was just rejoicing that he is mine, he is healthy, I can hear is little voice.  I thank God for the gift he is.

Teresas house

Aunt Annie.  Thanks Aunt Annie for hanging out with us all day. 

Lesson 5 -

Enjoy and be thankful for everything and don’t expect a break just because you’ve had a rough night.  I decided to bite the bullet, endure the screaming and drive home last night because I had an appointment this afternoon.  I was looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and being rested for my meeting.  It’s great to have a plan but, as we all know, things don’t always or maybe even rarely turn out the way we plan.  My friend didn’t expect to get the news today that her grandson was killed in an automobile accident.  When I went to see her, I witnessed the faithfulness of God’s grace not giving us more than we can handle and how He is always faithful to carry His children.  Love you B.J. !

No comments: