Thursday, October 1, 2009

Faithful Shepherd

It is so easy for me to become distracted in my walk with God.  God is faithful to reel me back in.  Well, reel is too harsh – more like draw.  The book I’m reading states perfectly what distractions do.  “The apostle Paul tells us to ‘run with endurance the race that is set before us’ (Hebrews 12:1, NASB).  Believe me, I learned the hard way that we can never run with endurance when we’re running where we’re not supposed to be”.  Lessons I Learned in the Dark, Steps to Walking by Faith, not by Sight by Jennifer Rothschild.

Another great quote from the book –

The only difference between becoming bitter and becoming better is the letter I.  Approaching our difficulties from the standpoint of what I want, what I have lost, or what I think is fair will embitter us.  Bitter eyes can perceive only the injustice and the sorrow in our situation.  Grateful eyes, however, will always see the grace of God, regardless of how difficult our circumstances might be.  Grateful eyes allow us to see “the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living” (Psalm 27:13).

“The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.  He cares for those who trust in him” (Nahum 1:7).

No comments: