Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Snow has Begun

The storm has started. The one thing that excites me about it is the fact it might put me into labor. The midwives said it's always busier during a storm... something to maybe look forward to.

We are supposed to show our house tomorrow in the midst of this storm. My realtor is still pretty sure it's going to happen. So we have Angela coming in to cover the cleaners while Dave shovels away and I clean (or maybe give birth - my secret plan).

We had a showing on Friday. The man liked it and is bringing his wife back this week. We had a showing yesterday and the woman didn't like it. They saw it from a recommendation by our realtor (she's our biggest fan) and it's much too contemporary for their taste. She thinks they should get over it since it's a much better location than the house they like and $100k cheaper. Oh well. Everyone has their taste. The people tomorrow are from out of state. Angela said wouldn't it be funny if we sold our house right when we had the baby. I said it wouldn't surprise me since everything always seems to happen at once in every one's life.

We had a prayer meeting at church last night (we do every Sat. night). I didn't really feel like going but was glad after I got there. The prayer was great and could really sense the presence of God. It also makes me more conscious of prayer in my own life. I woke up in the middle of the night last night (which is a regular occurrence now) and felt led to pray. I then watched an infomercial on Billy Graham's Hymns (something like that). I really wanted to buy it. There's nothing like old hymns. I started to think maybe I'm getting old because I appreciate them so much more... I kind of used to not like them at all. It also might be that my relationship with God has deepened (let's hope it's the latter).

No comments: