Monday, March 9, 2009

4



4 more days until my due date. My mother went on her due date with her first, my grandmother Galkowski went on her due date and my aunt Teresa said she wasn't late. So I'm hoping I follow family tradition OR go early. We'll see. It's very exciting and nerve racking at the same time. It's hard to believe another soul and body has already been formed and we will see him soon. No, we don't have a name yet.

We had a good weekend with some change of plans. We went to see David at the nursing home and ended up reading to his roommate and another lady as well. Dave didn't end up having a work day at church, so we went on a long walk around Rockport Village. He wasn't to psyched about it, but I was because it felt so good to get up and move around outside. I was really uncomfortable this weekend. We went to Augusta to get supplies for the laundromat. It was a nice day to get out and distract myself.

Our pastor was in New York visiting a summer resident who attends our church in Searsmont. They didn't think he was going to make it for a while - I'm not sure exactly what was wrong with him, but, thank God, he is recovering. Dave preached on 1 Samuel 15 and did a really good job. After church I was in a lot of discomfort, so I went right home. Dave met me and we went over to Zac & Steph's for Chris' memorial. They did a really good job setting things up and really being so thoughtful of Chris' life. It was an open house and lots of people came. They had a time capsule they wanted people to put memorabilia of Chris in so they can bury since they don't have a body. Zac put in his and Chris' favorite video game they always played together. They had nice cards printed with Chris' picture, a poem and something Chris wrote about himself. They used the board at Vinny's visiting hours to do pictures of Chris. Everything was so nice.

We went on a walk again last night. The weather has been great and the dog really appreciates it.

Today my grandmother has her hip replacement and Dan's grandmother is being placed in a nursing home near her daughter in the Auburn area. My mom helped pick it out since she has been in the business for so many years. Dan's gram will be 101 next month. She's a little spitfire.

I'm hoping to work for a few hours today and then have a baby. We'll see. God knows.

No comments: