Monday, June 23, 2008

Running Never Felt so Good

I was in such a groove with running for about a month until 2 weeks ago when I went to Mass. I also couldn't go to my weightlifting class for a week and then they had a week break - so it's been two weeks since I've done any hardcore exercise. I have walked my dog and worked at the cleaners which is very physical but that doesn't count in my book. I have had zero energy and been on the cranky side. Today I discovered my drug of choice - other than sugar - I love how I feel after I exercise. I did my group power class for an hour, walked my dog about a mile and then went running with my friend Bonny for about 2.5 miles in the rain. One of my reasons for not running recently was the horrible weather, but today I discover I love running in the rain. It feels so good. Well - it wasn't exactly raining - just very, very foggy with light rain. Wow - I felt great. Then I made a seafood chowder which I finished at 9:40 pm (we are bad about eating late). When I finally sat down, I realized how tired I am.

No comments: