Saturday, June 21, 2008

Me as a Missionfield

Today has been a great day. I am nearing the end of my working marathon - several days in a row with no day off. The Moldovans met me at work bright and early this morning with a special gift. They said they wanted me to start my day off with a smile. I definitely did! They gave me an ornamental clay leaf that says Moldova and has a cluster of grapes on it as well. It was so touching. I thanked them and thanked God and prayed that in some way I could touch their lives with God's love. I want them to see Christ in me as imperfect as I am. I know that God sent them to me to bless me and that they may see Him through me.

After they left, I was at the Cleaner's alone. A woman opened a very large washer after her load was done. A gushing waterfall proceeded. It was lovely. The funny thing is it happened twice. Nice. It all worked out and the woman was very nice and patient.

After work I headed down to a large ledge on the picturesque harbor we live near with a book. I didn't read much - just relaxed in the warm sun and the cool sea breeze. It was fabulous.

My thought of the day has been that there are many layers or many types of missionfields. As a Bible College graduate I am always thinking of missionfields - the missionfield of New England, the missionfield of Maryland, the missionfield of Eastern Europe and so on. Am I treating where I live like a missionfield? Then I realized that I am my own missionfield. I had never thought of it that way. Am I treating myself like a missionfield. Am I investing the Word of God into myself. If I don't start with the missionfield of my own soul, where will I get with other missionfields? My time in New England has been like Moses' time in the back side of the desert. I am learning more about myself as a missionfield and I have met God in a deeper way.

No comments: