Friday, July 26, 2013

Fall Weather

The past couple of days the weather has been incredible.  Usually the summer in Maryland is just dreadful to me.  I used to like it when I was younger but there is something about intense heat and humidity that I don't like anymore.  I think it was triggered around my brother's death and I associate both with that time.  Anyway, the weather has been so nice.  It is definitely a gift from God.  I walked out of the door yesterday morning to take the trash out and when expecting to be hit with a wall of heat, it actually was cool.

So tonight we were feeling rather adventurous as parents... well, maybe that was I and I convinced Dave it would work out.  Dave got a coupon for Famous Dave's from his coworker and we were going to get take out.  I thought it would be fun to have a family dinner out.  I don't know how fun it was, but we made it through.  They were particularly wild tonight.  At least they weren't screaming their lungs out.  After we were on our way home, I remembered this playground I had always wanted to take Henry to but it hadn't work out yet.  It is incredible!  The best playground ever.


It was built in honor of a six year old girl who was killed by a drunk driver when crossing the street with her family.  Very sad story.  But something incredible came out of a tragedy that is touching the lives of many families.

Henry had a blast and already informed us we will be going back tomorrow night.  Hudson loved it too.  Very magical place for little kids.

No comments: