Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Up at the Crack

I seem to be in this pattern of being able to sleep for a few days and then not being able to sleep for a few days. This morning I was wide awake after Henry woke up at 4 a.m. He was wide awake, too, but found it much easier to fall back asleep.

Today I have my networking meeting and then we are starting a Bible College class at my house called Biblical Psychology. Dave got it through the extension school and someone borrowed it and misplaced a few classes. I am praying they find them soon. We are going to start anyway. My mom, my grandmother and possibly a few other people.

God gives us the desires of our heart. It amazes me how I am still surprised how much God knows us better than we know ourselves. I'm always expecting God to ask me or force me to do something or be something that goes against the grain of who I am. Don't get me wrong, that does happen. It happens in things like, "Rachael, shut your mouth" or "Rachael, forgive that person, because God has forgiven so much more from you". I'm not talking about those things that we all struggle with. I'm talking about God asking me to be a Gospel singer when there is no way I would dare to get up in front of that many people even if I could sing. That's a major exaggeration, but you know what I mean. It's incredible how God gives us gifts and leads us down paths that sometimes don't make sense to draw out those gifts and get us to use them. He also puts us in a place and with people that draw them out. I love seeing this develop in other people's lives especially my husband. Back to God giving us the desires of our heart. We are moving to Hobbs Pond in Hope, Maine. I think it's a great place to live, but it isn't neccessarily my dream spot. You might think of course not since we are renting and only living there temporarily. Well, my aunt lives on the same road. Everytime we drive down to her house (you have to descend from the hills to the lake), Dave comments that he would love to live on that road. Sort of in it will never happen way. Well, God knows. God hears our prayers and God delights in giving us the desires of our hearts. Thank You, God.

No comments: