Monday, June 29, 2009

A Chapter Closed

Yesterday was our last day owning Spotless Cleaners. We went to closing today in Portland and the business now belongs to someone else. The day was very eventful starting out with a massive blowout from Henry. Just as we pulled him out of his car seat to feed him and then run into the meeting, we noticed his clothes were SATURATED with poop. Did I have a change of clothes? No. I thought I thought of everything. WRONG. We had a tough decision to make. Bring a naked baby in 50 something degree (we did have blankets), wet cold weather or bring a baby dripping in droppings. We chose option number 1. Well... it was a little better than that. We managed to find some high water jeans. So we just looked a little hill-billy-ish. Things were going our way (in a way). When we got to the door of the meeting - after giving Henry a bath with wet wipes - the attorney told us we weren't quite needed yet. How long? Oh, we had plenty of time to do whatever. Not words you want to hear when you're sporting an infant two hours away from home. Long days aren't a good luck charm. I was happy to hear we had time to walk four blocks to find a new shirt for Henry (he didn't have to go on display as redneck baby after all). Four blocks was no big deal to me, but for Dave it was a little tough to carry Henry in the car seat. We found a t-shirt at the LL Bean outlet and walked back. They were ready for us when we got back. We were relieved it was going to go quicker than we thought - or so we thought. Then there were hours waiting and waiting. And Henry projectile vomiting and vomiting all over the conference room. It became quite the joke. Then there was the watching other people in the windows of the other buildings watch us. No, it wasn't just Dave and I. It was the buyers, the banker and the realtors, too. I was talking EVENTFUL when I said eventful. We thought it might not happen and then it did. We closed on our business. We are very happy and little sad. We love the people so much but are ready for the next step ... what ever that is. Thank You God.

3 comments:

Mishelle said...

Ahh, yes. Poop up the back. I know that well! It is just the beginning, Rachael. Poop is going to be a big part of your life for the next few years - as I am finally accepting that fact myself. Glad you guys are done with the closing!

Rachael said...

not just up the back, I've dealt with that before. It was head to toe up the front and down the front.

myriahmae said...

I had to deal with poop from one end of the house to the other with my two precious boys. I feel your pain, it was oh so exciting to clean up.