Thursday, June 18, 2009

Move On Stay Still

Last night I was reading Mark 9. To be honest, I haven't been reading as much as I would like during the last few weeks. I started reading in Isaiah and really felt led to start off where I had finished in the Gospel of Mark. So Mark 9. The Mount of Transfiguration. Peter wanted to build a monument. He wanted to stay there. I had a revelation about myself. Some times I spend so much energy in my life/ spiritual life trying to recreate a situation or a feeling. I want to go back or stay still because the moment means so much. It's great that I a treasure those times, but I need be available for the next thing. The other problem I have is moving too quickly through things and not seeing what God is doing. I might be too focused on recreating an old thing or what's coming next to actually enjoy now. Rachael, stop worrying about what will be or what was and see what God is doing now. My words to myself (in a loving nurturing voice of course).

No comments: