Monday, May 4, 2009

My Attempt to Go Dairy Free

Little Henry has had gas problems since just after birth. Everyone has different advice. The more I read about it, the more I learn that dairy protein can have a huge affect on a breastfeeding baby. Breast milk is produced from the mother's blood and dairy protein can pass from the digestive system into the mother's blood and then into the mother's milk. I didn't think I was much of a dairy person until I tried to cut down. It hasn't worked so far. Now Henry is having major skin issues. The more I read about that, the more I learn that dairy protein can affect that as well. It wouldn't hurt and might even help to cut out all forms of dairy. I will update on my progress in eliminating and Henry's health. I really hope this helps him.

No comments: