Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Grampa!



Happy Birthday Grampa!

It was 24 years ago when I was still your favorite granddaughter.

It was about 17 years ago you were teaching me how to drive a standard in the Northern Maine woods.

It was 13 1/2 years ago you came to Boston in the middle of the night before Thanksgiving to tow my car home after I broke down for the second time on my way home from college and had no way of getting my car back to Maine to get fixed.

It was 11 years ago you made not such a great whirlwind trip to Maryland to see me graduate from Teaching English as a Foreign Language.

It was 6 1/2 years ago you walked me down the aisle when I got married.

It was almost a year ago that you were strong for all of us when we heard the news about Vinny.

Thanks for always being there. You are greatly loved.

No comments: