Thursday, May 7, 2009

Miss You Like Crazy - 10 Months






I ordered Randy Alcorn's book Heaven the other day. Jomy recommended it to me at Vinny's memorial in August. His sister died when she was 32 as well and they were very close. Alcorn goes into great detail about heaven in his book.

In a couple of weeks I will be the same age as Vinny. The last time I was with him in Baltimore, he walked into the church and Dave and I were talking to a few people. He came up to us and I introduced him to someone I knew that he didn't. The person asked who was older. That always bugged Vinny. I always said he's older in age but I'm way more mature. I'm sure as time passed and if he were still alive, it would be the opposite. We would be fighting over who was the youngest.

Every day stories stream through my mind about Vinny. I miss his hugs, his laugh and the way he set me at ease when I was upset. I always knew he was on my side. I'm glad he's with Jesus because he loved God so much and I know he is having the time of his life!

No comments: