Tuesday, January 20, 2009




I have been reading a lot of books lately. We Die Alone is a great true story about a man returning to his home - German occupied Norway during WWII. His story of survival on the run after the Nazis discover his (and others) plan for invasion is like none other I have ever read. It is a miracle from God this man lived to tell his tale.

I have read one missionary biography after another. I am all out right now - bummer. I have gleaned a lot from the lives of Hudson Taylor, D.L. Moody, Amy Carmichael, C.T. Studd and the Scottish Olympian (can't remember his name). I love these books and these people's reliance and total trust in God.

I am reading UltraMind right now. I have read a lot of nutrition books - some I like - some I think are totally one sided in their point of view (The China Study). I have to say, I have learned SO much from this book. I highly recommend it. It's written by a medical doctor and, while he's progressive, he is very balanced.

I am also reading What in the World is Going On by Dr. David Jeremiah. I really love him as a man, a preacher and an author. He is very factual, straight forward and deep.

No comments: