Sunday, January 18, 2009

David's Words of Love for Vinny and Me

David's words to me after Vinny went home to be with the Lord - I feel they are appropriate to share now that he is there too -

Dear Rachael:
Marian called me last night and told me some sad news about Vinny, I am so sad about this but in the reality of his outstanding faith in Christ we know that he is blessed and nurtured. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

God bless,
David


Rachael: I do not have words to express my heartfelt love for you and your brother. I know that God loves him and that he had steadfast faith in Jesus Christ our LORD. Seeing him in Afghanistan a few years ago was awesome we prayed and fellowshipped for the short time we were together and then having the blessing of sitting with you all at ... Read Moreconvention was so great. You know the church loves you and David and knowing that Vinny is in heaven gives me peace in the loss and we all will miss him but understand how close you two were we will pray for you.
Remember we do not sorrow as those who have no hope for our LORD Jesus has overcome the grave in victory. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Our family loves you very much



Rachael:
I know the day I met Vinny in Afghanistan was a God moment. I just looked up and there he was. We had such a sweet time of fellowship and prayed together. I know that it is and will be hard without him but we know in certainty that he is fellowshiping in Heaven now. I know as I grow older that the reunion with my loved ones who have passed is closer now than ever. Please feel free to contact me or Marian for anything you need as we love you so much. Give my warmest regards to David and may God bless you both richly in love and tender mercy.

In Christ,
David

No comments: