Saturday, January 3, 2009

2007 Recap

07 - Vinny bought his first house - I went to the closing for him because he was out of town.

February 07 - My bestfriend from high school's mother passed away after a brief battle with cancer. Amanda had just given birth to her second child and was living in Washington state when she got the news about her mother's life expectancy. Vinny and I went to the funeral together.

March 07 - Teagan celebrated her 1st birthday.

April 07 - Dave and I went to Mexico on vacation

May 07 - Lost my paper ticket for my 30th birthday vacation. Drove to Boston via rental car to catch a flight to Baltimore. Ran back and forth in the airport for miles to try to get another ticket. They wanted to charge me $1500 plus not give me a refund for my ticket that was lost. Rye picked me up in the airport. They were out of paper so wouldn't give me another ticket. Got to see her townhouse rental for the first time. We drove to Philadelphia in the morning. Finally got a very nice man to issue me another ticket for $50. Caught a plane to Germany and then onto Barcelona.

Our first call home we heard my mom got into a near fatal accident while we were flying over the ocean the night before my 30th birthday. She had broken her neck and they weren't sure if she would be paralyzed.

The news put a damper on our trip. We didn't know much about Barcelona but eventually found the Gothic part of town and La Bouqueria. We were supposed to catch a flight out to Paris a few days in. I took some really bad advice from an American who was living over there. Needless to say we didn't make it to Paris. Rye got very sick but we ended up staying in a 4 star hotel. The next few days we ended up staying in an area we called little Baghdad. Our trip probably wasn't as great as we planned but we were glad to find out my mother wouldn't be paralyzed.

Started renovations on our house Summer of 07. We bought it to renovate and sell.

June 07 - Stayed in the ghetto with Rye. Vinny picked Dave, Rye, Tim and me up and we all went to Chili's and hung out for the day.

July 07 - Fire at the Laundromat. The fire department was able to stop the fire before it took spread too much and burned down the whole plaza. We were amazed and blessed by the outpouring of support from the local community. We had men shoveling glass and ash until 2 am. We were able to be partially up and running within 36 hours thanks to all of the help and Superior Restoration.

October 07 - Our 5th wedding anniversary. Had a 50th birthday party for my mother. Vinny, Zac, Vick, Molly, Dan and the grandparents presented her with a trip to the Bayou, New Orleans, and St Francisville, LA.

November 07 - My mom found out Vinny was overseas. She hadn't known for months and the cousin gang was keeping it a secret. She was very mad. We spent Thanksgiving in Maine ~ the year before we had taken a family trip to Savannah, GA.

December 07 - Vinny turned 32 - wasn't home for Christmas or his birthday.

Had our best year yet at the Cleaners

No comments: