Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful



Thanksgiving should be everyday but it's easy to get caught up in our plans and daily routine. I have been inspired by another blogger to thank God for so many things in my life.

Thank you God for (not in any order):

- my salvation
- That it is finished
- for the freedom to worship You in this country
- for my naughty dog that is trying to eat my dinner right now
- my husband who knows You and loves You
- my unborn child
- my mother
- My Aunt Annie - who is a prayer warrior and my faithful blog reader (maybe the only reader :) )
- my brothers Vinny and Zac who have loved me unconditionally and our time together living in Baltimore
- my whole family - siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, step parents, in-laws and all others
- my friends
- "the cousin gang" of which Vinny was the leader
- my cousin Rye who is my best friend
- my cousin Liz who is my stunt double or I am her stunt double
- my church and church family
- MBC&S - one of the best decisions I have ever made
- Greater Grace - Pastor Sheff who introduced me, Pastor Stevens who taught me to love the Word of God and Pastor Schaller who has stood in the gap and been a faithful friend
- Adoptive Parents - love you Sam-you-smell
- That death isn't final
- Heaven is waiting - miss you Vinny
- those who are faithful to the Great Commission and those who put God first in their lives
- Carol who didn't tell anyone I was pregnant when my mother told her and wasn't supposed to
- my life so far - no regrets - I am thankful for my failures because I have learned the mercy and grace of God; people letting me down because it has drawn me closer to God; my worst fear coming upon me - losing one of the closest if not the closest person to me - God has shown me that He can carry me
- Getting to know God and being on an adventure with Him
- Always being reminded that my failures (there are many) are paid for past, present and future - like right now - yelling at my dog for trying to eat my food
- That He is the great Comforter - He comforted me this morning when an old friend sent an instant message asking me how my brother was and how much he missed him. And I had to tell him through streams of tears how much I miss my brother too.

No comments: