Friday, November 21, 2008

Baby Boy 24 Weeks/ 6 Months



Baby Boy Umstead is 24 weeks. He's a perfect little person rapidly gaining weight for his little body. I haven't really figured out his sleep patterns. He moves around a lot but I'm not sure it's at the same time everyday. Time is flying by and it's hard to believe he'll be here in about 3 1/2 months.

I'm trying to prepare for Thanksgiving. I thought it might be easier if I do some of the cooking we have to do in advance. So my mom gave me her family recipe for chocolate balls - let me just tell you I LOVE THESE. It's one of my favorite parts about Christmas and DEFINITELY my favorite part about eating at Christmas. I've never made them before and for some reason anticipated it being very difficult. Well, I did it last night after work and I hope they make it to Thanksgiving. They are fabulous. I should take a picture but am too lazy right now. My next hurdle is mastering my grandmother's yeast rolls. I am not a big roll person because usually I think they're rather bland - but a good, home made yeast roll - who can resist?

The town villian and I have taken to walking under the cover of darkness - less people to attack and less chances of us being identified as "the ones". I thought it would be freezing but it wasn't so bad. I did take the poop bag and I almost always pick it up unless it's in a really convenient place to hide it. Like on a hill side where no one lives and I can just push it down the hill with sticks. I don't leave it if it's on someone's yard or the side walk. I do think that's rude. Last night I found it very convenient to just keep walking when the deed was done.

We have this lady who drives some distance to come to our laundromat. She comes because she says that ours is the cleanest in the area. When you look at her you wonder why that is so important to her. Well, she drives a van and has a dog that she calls her child. I know a lot of people who do that (the dog thing). I might even fit into that category. It's beyond that for her. Her dog is a person and her guardian angel. She brings it in in a baby carriage. Last night she came in an threw herself across the table and declared to Dave how exhausted she was. She is very entertaining and most of the time wearing on one's nerves because she demands SO much attention. She was very difficult to deal with until Dave discovered the key to her heart - doting on her dog. Dave was hoping that her declaration didn't mean lots of extra work for him. He helped her bring her stuff in and went back to work in the back of the laundromat. His heart dropped to his stomach when he heard a blood curdling scream come from the front. He thought she cut her finger off or worse. So he ran up front and she said, "a spider". I think Dave was relieved and annoyed at the same time. Apparently the spider came in with her stuff among other things like leaves, sticks etc. Some people must rake their laundry with their leaves because many people haul stuff in looking like that. She did leave some blankets for Dave to wash. She made sure to ask Dave to wash his hands before taking them out of the dryer to fold because they are for her dog and he can't be exposed to bacteria (I would add - wash your hands after you fold them if you saw the cleanliness level of the dog stroller, her body and her van).

No comments: