Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happenings

We went to our doctor's appointment last Wednesday. Dave was the only guy there this time. He did really well and even participated in the game. We played charades on the discomforts of pregnancy. Dave got sore breasts. It was quite the hit of the class. The baby's heartbeat was great and always makes me laugh. You could hear him kicking as well (I can feel it too). Everything seems to be in line for March. I did gain more weight than I thought. It was a really weird situation. I thought the scale was off and used the upstairs one. It said the same weight but the other woman who said it was off said she was 8 lbs lighter upstairs. Oh well. We have thought of many names but are not telling anyone our choices.

Friday night I went to the Pen Bay Christian School Auction. They did a really good job and had some great items up for auction... it was just a little long for me to sit for 3 hours. I am not sure it's because I'm pregnant or just plain don't have the attention span. I did pick up some gifts.

Saturday we had our first youth night at our house for our church. Our friend Zach came over to make pizzas and he did a fabulous job. The young people had fun playing with our basketball game in our garage and are looking forward to more activities. Our church is small and we don't really have anything for preteens and teens. Dave and I are hoping to fill that gap with God's leading. My wreath making idea wasn't such a draw for the young women. Why? I don't get it. It think it's so much fun to go tipping for Balsam branches and make beautiful Christmas wreaths. My aunt Stacey taught me how and that's how I made my Christmas money when I was 14 and 15. We used to have a blast. Freeze to death but have a blast.

Sunday I was pretty drained. Church was great but we made the mistake of eating at the Olde Mill Diner again. The food is outstanding, you just definitely have to go to bed after. So we didn't do much Sunday afternoon. We didn't even have anything for dinner and we were so lazy (didn't want to go to the store) that Dave decided to create some fried rice concoction from the bare minimum ingredients we had. It wasn't bad.

I am reading Hudson Taylor's autobiograhpy. AMAZING. It's not very long but I have learned so much from his life. His writing has really convicted me to pray more and trust God to answer in stead of taking matters into my own hands and making things happen. He really learned that at a young age preparing to go on the missionfield to China. He saw God's faithfulness time and time again.

No comments: