Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hudson is 1 Today!!

One year ago today, I woke up in the middle of the night (just before 3 in the morning on June 19, 2012), thinking I had to go the bathroom. But when I got out of bed, my water broke. I wasn't really in labor but we went to GBMC and they admitted me. As a little Maine girl, I was very intimidated by the big city hospital. Then they told me my little boy's heart beat wasn't regular. To say I was nervous and scared was an understatement. But we had Daddy/David there beside us (me and Hudson). We prayed and, after help from some drugs, I was in labor for just a few hours. Our precious son was born with the umbilical cord around his neck, but praise God was a healthy little spit fire. He was 6 pounds and 6 ounces but doubled his weight and just kept on adding. I think he went from skinny to chubby in days. He is strong like his daddy and uncles, worships his brother Henry, he is very independent and he's extremely charming. We can't remember our family without you precious little Hudson David Umstead. We thank God for you every day. Happy 1st Birthday, Budzy Bear!

No comments: