Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stuff

P1310629

Here’s my lousy attempt to take a picture of the moon tonight.  I was sitting with Henry in the living room watching the moon move by one of the side windows.  I tried to get Dave to get a shot of it but he’s less trained on my camera than I am. 

We had lots of fun in Maryland and PA this past week.  We stayed with Rye and Tim in their beautiful new home.  We visited with Dave’s mom, sister, father and Linda (father’s wife).  We also got to see lots of friends and my family too.  The fun is always mixed with sorrow because roads, restaurants, and people spark a flow of memories of Vinny.  Last July was a bawlfest from beginning to end.  September and this time were much better.  Stacey, Rye, Dave, Henry and I went to eat at the last place we ate with Vinny a week before his death.  I’ll never forget it.  He was eating shrimp salad sandwiches.  I was eating breakfast because I was pregnant and craving it (no one knew at that point).  Vinny was on a conference call for work.  He kept getting really frustrated and walking in and out of the restaurant. 

Our ride down and back wasn’t bad with Henry.  He doesn’t love the car but he’s getting better.

Henry loved his cousin-aunt Rye’s house.  We got him a tunnel and tent at Ikea while we were down there.  He loves them!

Christopher Vincent is doing well.  I went to see him again this evening.  So precious.  His mother does not act like she just had a baby.  She’s up cleaning the room and running around.  Zac is mister family man if I ever saw one – completely committed.

Dave goes back to work tomorrow.  It’s a little sad, but I’m sort of looking forward to my new role as stay at home mom/ home improvement project manager/ business owner/ house manager and whatever else I feel like doing.  I’ll have several hours to get projects done without anyone to object.  Ha-ha.  We’ll see.  It might be wishful thinking on my part.  I’d like to break my sewing machine out of the attic and maybe paint some furniture or walls.  We’ll see.  Zac is working on the kitchen.  Hopefully I’ll have some after pictures soon.

No comments: