Saturday, January 23, 2010

Catsup – A Cure for the Blues

Who Knew?

My hair has slowly been turning blue from some mineral in our well water.  My hairdresser first noticed it in December.  She said she would try to fix it.  Maybe she did.  I didn’t really pay attention until a couple of weeks ago.  I had told Dave my hair was blue and he didn’t have much to say.  That day a couple of weeks ago, I was walking to the car when Dave said, “Honey, your hair is blue”.  I thought it must really be blue for my husband to take note.  Yup.  My new nickname from Dave is Mrs. Smurf.  It’s become quite the joke around here.  I have been telling people my hair is blue and most don’t seem to notice.  Until I point it out.  Then they’re like, “Wow, it is blue”.  Last week I called around desperately to a couple of salons to see if anyone was open on the holiday.  Nope.  But, my friend Jessica was kind enough to ask her drive through hair dresser (another whole story) about my hair.  Come to find out this hair dresser had the same problem where she used to live.  The solution?  Catsup or ketchup (depending on how you want to spell it).  Jessica called me right away yesterday to tell me.  It took me until this evening to want to sit for 10 minutes with it on my head.  I did it.  It worked.  Well, not completely – I think another dose or serving or whatever you want to call it and my hair will be as good as new instead of blue.  Thanks Jessica.  Thank your hair dresser!

No comments: