Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Moose Madness

Dave and I are dying to see moose up here in God's country. We got here around five and have praying to God we would spot one. We drove up to Kokadjo (population not many) and didn't see any. When we turned around on a dirt road off a dirt road off a dirt road in a clearing, I was thinking this isn't God's country for me because there aren't any people. Yes, God's creation is beautiful, but God wants us to love people. Of course it's easier to love people from a distance - it's not as messy. But then it doesn't take God to do it that way, we could do it in our own strength. That's no fun to me because I wouldn't get to see God's power, God's hand in my life. Anyway, when we started heading back to Greenville, Henry finally started crying. He has been such a trooper. We stopped in town and then made our way back to our cabin 12 miles past down town. Henry's meltdown was a blessing in disguise because we saw a bull moose just before the campground. Thank You God.

We are hiking into Kineo tomorrow. Blogging from my phone.

No comments: